Sunday 26 January 2020

Cool Jerk

This is my Cool Jerk song. The idea started when I did 'Cool Jerk' by 'The Capitols' in the Soul Band at school and thought it would be a great idea to do my own version.

I wanted a minimal version based on the main riff and a drone. I got the drone by using the 'Didgeridoo Thingy' setting on my EHX Ravish Sitar. I did a guitar riff on a Harley Benton Les Paul, through my Frantone Brooklyn overdrive pedal into my Raygun FX Ghosty modulator with spring reverb. I did the bass riff with my Yamaha 5-string bass, through the Frantone Thunderhead with spring reverb.

I kept the vocals minimal by just saying 'Cool Jerk' and got the help of Mademoiselle Google to do the French translation!

Here it is:
https://soundcloud.com/samsswingnskank/cool-jerk


No comments: