Monday 20 December 2021

Python Jazz Club 1!

Fully automated Python music! (Note: Wear headphones!)

This is a piece of music generated by a Python program that I coded. It creates notes at random, and I've also randomised the notes' duration and octave. I put a slight attack and decay on the notes to 'soften' the note. I used a 15-note octave, to make the music sound more jazzy!

I restricted the limit of note intervals to make it appear more melodic, then ran the program to produce the music (in the form of a WAV file). To make it more 'Jazz Club', I 'multi-tracked' it in Audacity - I added reverb to one duplicated track and reversed the reverb in the other.

I'm very pleased with the result, and it creates a 'Delia Derbyshire' vibe.

https://soundcloud.com/user-879811118/python-jazz-club-1

No comments: